After clicking on a single node of the navigation tree, a view will be rendered in the central panel of the app builder. This view, depending on what resources correspond to, can be either a table showing information about some sub items, or an editable form with several labels and values showing all the different settings linked to that particular resource.
Central panel view
The first thing you will notice in all of these views is that they all have a top header with certain elements. On the left side of this header you will find the breadcrumb navigation that will provide you the current context path in the metadata tree, and links to the view of each of the parent nodes. On the right side, you will find a group of buttons for performing several operations related to that particular resource. The most common operations you can find are:
show history and
- Cancel: exits the current form and redirect to the parent metadata node.
- Reset: reset the form and all its setting’s values to the previously saved state.
- Delete: deletes the current resource and redirects you to the parent metadata node.
- Apply: attempts to save the form and all the current settings of a particular resource. It will not redirect you to any other url afterwards.
- Save: attempts to save the form and all the current settings on a particular resource. After saving changes, it will redirect you to the parent’s node of that resource.
- Show History: this action is located inside the
toolsbutton. When clicking on this action, a view will be rendered in the central panel with a table showing the history of changes related to the current resource. You can find more information about this view here.
- Find Usages: this action is located inside the
toolsbutton. When clicking on this action, the right panel will show up in the usages tab, and it will display a list of all the different places where the current resource has been used.